Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Zealand Beauty

I am here in New Zealand with my friend Brenda and loving it! I will have to post pictures when I get back :) A friend of ours is from New Zealand and set it up so that his grandparents picked us up and have been taking us around. It has been amazing! They are the sweetest couple and used to work for WYAM on the Mercy Ships. It has been really cool to ask them all sorts of questions about their experiences since the Mercy Ships has been something I have considered doing. Anyways, we have had the opportunity to go on a bus tour to see the upper part of the North Island. They drove the bus on a 60 mile stretch of beach which was amazing! The beaches here are soo beautiful. Then yesterday we went on a boat tour of the  Bay of Islands and go to snorkel and feed fish out of our hands. We also go to go boom netting which was quite the experience!! Basically a couple of us went in  a net that was attached to the side of the boat while the boat was moving. It was pretty crazy but fun! I have been overwhelmed by the beauty of God's creation. Yesterday as we were in the boat viewing the harbor I couldn't help but praise God and thank Him. I feel so blessed to be here and to enjoy God's creation. I have been reading that book "Here and Now Living in the Spirit" The first chapter was talking about living in the present. I know we all talked about it last Saturday that we met. It is so hard to be still and live for the moment but I am trying to do that. It has been great here just trying to take in every moment and enjoy each day :)
I can't wait to join back in the group when I get home. I am praying for you all!
Ashley

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having an amazing time! We definitely are going to have story time when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait what? boom netting? this is what i picture in my head.... a couple people crammed in a net like fish, in real awkward body positions, getting dunked in the water and not being able to breathe until you get reeled back onto the boat.... that sounds like torture!!! explain.... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Souds Sweet... Brooke and I are going with some friends in May so take some good notes for us. We'll pick your brain when your back. Enjoy the beauty, I never feel closer to our maker then when I am in the midst of his untouched creations...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to be practicing "being present." My guess is that the moments are too wonderful to even absorb. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so living in the present and have been for a while. I always love going on your facebook to find out what you are up to next. I love all the things you are doing and wish that I could be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I was on this vaca with you :) Bring back some tim-tams so we can have some bonding over tim-tam slammmmms & milo?
    K, I haven't been to New Zealand, but these items were in Australia when I worked with YWAM there, so hopefully there's some similarities :)
    Praying for the rest of your trip! Excited for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stoked to corner you when you get back and hear everything! Ahhhh, God thank you for making all these amazing places!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exciting trip God provided for you! Welcome and embrace His creation- its INCREDIBLE!! Look forward to having you back! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) I agree with Zach, boom netting sounds gnarly! and dangerous!:)
    So awesome to hear about you experiencing creation testifying!! NZ seems like a great place for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God speaks of Himself so clearly through His creation. I'm so glad you get to experience it and life so raw. can't wait to have you back though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ashley, i love that you're having these adventure. can't wait to see you when you're back :)

    ReplyDelete